The Public Relations Handbook, Fifth Edition provides an engaging overview and in-depth exploration of a dynamic and ever evolving industry. The diverse chapters are united by a set of student friendly features throughout, including clear chapter aims, analytical discussion questions, and key further reading.
Featuring wide ranging contributions from key figures in the PR profession, the new edition presents a new chapter on public relations and activism, alongside discussion of key critical themes in public relations research and exploratory case studies on public relations practices in relation to a variety of different institutions, including The Bank of Scotland, Queen Margaret University, Diabetes UK, Continental Tyres, and Action for Children.
Split into four parts exploring key conceptual themes of the context of public relations, strategic public relations, stakeholder public relations, and shaping the future, the book offers coverage of essential areas including:
- public relations, politics and the media
- media relations in the social media age
- using new technology effectively in public relations
- public relations and engagement in the not-for-profit sector
- business-to-business public relations
- the public relations of globalisation.